Sunday, May 9, 2010

To the Mothers

I want to say thank you to all the mothers out there planning weddings for their daughters. Often when I am contacted by a new client, it is the mother of the bride who calls me. She is the one I meet with throughout the planning process and she is the one making decision on all the details that can make planning a wedding a chore rather than a joy. There have been times when I've met the bride and groom for the first time at the rehearsal because mothers have taken on the bulk of the planning. So, thank you, mothers, for all your hard work and for making my job so gratifying!

On another note, I'd like to congratulate the new mothers. A Warm Reception clients have had a bit of a baby boom this year. Congratulations go out to Jack and Erin on the birth of baby John in March. Well wishes go to Lynette and John who are expecting in July. It always fun to hear news from past clients, so if you have any, please send it along.

And of course, I need to thank my own wonderful family: my beautiful children, fantastic husband, and last but not least my own mother. Without you I wouldn't be the person I am today.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Moms have always proven to be an invaluable asset in my dressing room. Their styles may not be the most modern, but they usually have a good sense of what will suit their daughters. I can't tell you how many times Mom is the one that finds "The Dress"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I got tagged and didn't even know it. Thanks, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete